Monday, April 13, 2020

HAT TUTORIAL

Hello Happy Scrappers

Welcome back - I hope you are all well and taking care and keeping busy.

I wanted to share this tutorial with you that I found on Crafters Companion, and
I thought this would be ideal to try at home and even get the youngers to make
one. It can be painted any colour/s and decorated with any embellishments -
gears, cogs, butterflies, fairies, unicorns, easter bunny, vintage, the options are
limitless. The yong ones can even add an elastic and wear it when its done ๐Ÿ˜


It could even be made and decorated for halloween๐Ÿ‘ป

This is so much and so easy

Click on the link below for the tutorial: 

Tutorial – Create a decorative hat!

I have added a print out below in case you don't have the dies to cut the oval shapes
you need. I didn't, so I used the large and medium ovals on the print out as templates. 
I printed them on an A4 sheet. 


To make my hat I die cut some embellishments. I did not have an embossing folder
to create the texture on the hat so I used Joint reinforcing tape that is self adhesive and 
creates a great texture. You can cut it to any shape and size for any project. 



Here are the products I used.


I adhered the joint tape and painted the hat with black gesso.
I then used #dovecraft 3D pearl effects to colour the die cuts to create colour with
shimmer. I used the Nuvo vintage drops as well to colour some of the embellishments.
I used the 3D Pearl effects and Vintage drops to add "drops" on the hat.


I forgot to add photos of the process ๐Ÿ˜‘ I got so involved in making it, I forgot ๐Ÿ˜

I used the #imaginationcrafts liquid gilt and a dry brush technique to highlight the
joinery tape texture. I also used it to highlight the embelishments and flowers for
a shine.

But please check out the tutorial, if you have problems viewing it and I will add a
version you can print. Let me know

Here are a few more photos:





Thank you for stopping by.

Pop in again for the next Hat I make - Steampunk feature.

Take care and hope to see your crafting projects.

Loves
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment