Thursday, December 3, 2015

Love Journal pages....

It's a way to experiment,  see what textures work and what techniques can be mixed and matched.

This is the 4th page in my art journal.
Now I can take what I have learnt (and what I shouldn't do) and apply to my mixed media projects and layouts.

Hope you like:
I used old pages from a novel and painted with gesso - not too much so the text comes through. The round bubbles - i dtew circles and filled them with dimendion glase- please wait until it is completely dry. It is not a thick layer but enough for the effect. I then dripped Adirondack alcohol is down the page. I then added blending solution and tilted the page up and down for the effect. 
I stamped a background with black ink. 
Remember when you are finished you can use a wet wipe and wipe your bubbles- any ink on there will come off and keep it clear with white background. You can use any background colour. It is so effective.
I then used a stencil with texture paste. You can colour an amount of the texture paste you will use with Adirondack ink or acrylic paint. 

Instead of using a stencil and texture paste. You could stamp images or stamp sayings on tags and stick it down over artwork. 

So many ideas....

Have fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment