Saturday, April 11, 2020

CRACKING TUTORIAL

Hey happy Scrappers

Hope you are all well and staying safe and staying home.

Today I am sharing a tutorial that I can accross and had to share it.

I think this is just fabualous and so easy.


Please click on the link below:

https://thegraphicsfairy.com/how-to-crackle-paint/

Here are the photos of my process:

I used this PVA glue I bought on Amazon.co.uk and works like a bomb


I painted a square thick card with black Gesso ( you can use any dark acryllic paint - make sure
it dries fully).

I then covered the square with the PVA glue - not too thick - but the measurements are
provided in the tutorial link above. Just before it fully dries (transparent and sticky)
I painted over it with a lighter acryllic paint.

If you use a light paint underneath use a darker top coat - this emphasises the cracks.

*note: I found the outside dried quicker than the centre so try and ensure you paint the PVA
thicker on the outside than the centre.



This is the amazing effect when it dries completely.

Soooo, stay tuned as I have decided to use this technique as a backround on a journal
page - ooh la la.

Give it a go. I think this could work on furniture to give that great cracked effect and
then seal it with a good sealer.

There are so many ideas that come to mind that this technique could be applied to :)

Hope you enjoyed and thank you for stopping by.

Loves
Candace


No comments:

Post a Comment