Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Harmony & Serenity

Hello Happy Scrappers

Thank you for stopping over.

Hope you enjoy this post as much as I enjoyed putting my creation together.

I was totally taken by this challenge by Lindy's gang - The colour palette is
beautiful, it is calming and uplifting.



When I started this project I wasn't sure what I was going to do.

But has I started mixing the colours and creating the layers, I felt so uplifted.
I think it is the colours and the harmony they create.



I used the Wild Prairie Magicals and Flat Neon Graffiti Magicals.

You definitely have to have this product in your craft stash.
I mixed the Magicals with more or less water depending on the intensity or hue of
the colour I wanted.

As I added layers and colours my memories went back to my Wedding day (the feeling these
colours inspired), and this is what inspired the Lyrics I added to my project. These were the
words of our Wedding song (performed by Wet Wet Wet)

Harmony and Love.



I added stamps to the background as well as musical notes and stenciling. I stamped the "note"on acetate and embossed the stamp - remembering not hold the heat gun for too long in one spot as the acetate tends to warp. But remember as you finish melting the embossing powder and the acetate is still warm, you can kinda flatten it again. Be careful not to burn.



I added some pearls, beads and sequence, some bling and layers of chippies and embellishments.




I added some material doily and ribbon gauze. I added some clear embossing to some points
on the chippies. I painted the main pink Chippie with Poppin' Pink Magical powder,
mixed with Gesso and then embossed with fine clear glitter embossing powder. It gave
such a beautiful shimmer.




I used the Bachelor Button Blue Magical Powder with less water, to colour the flowers and add some intense colour to the beads.



I hope you found inspiration today and are happy scrappin' the rest of this week.

Please click on the Lindy's gang image above to visit the blog and check out
the incredible work by the DT Team.

Thanking you for popping in

Loves
Candace

1 comment:

  1. Awesome piece of art!!! so inspiring!!! thanks for playing with us at Lindy's challenge!

    ReplyDelete