Monday, August 21, 2017

Rome Ma Ma Maaa

Hello Happy Scrappers

Hope you have had a creative start to your week and its full of awesomeness

Today I am sharing my entry for the ChallengeS below - Soooo Exciting


The Mixed media Place challenge has an exquisite colour palette - Obviously love the blue.
It just made me feel happy - 


An Internationally Global Tournament - Full of challenges per week.
Click on the images to find out more. Challenge 1 - Europe

#itac17 #itac17challenge1 #aallandcreate

Now.... for my project I have entered for Challenges:



I was inspired by the challenge and the requirements:
It should include some of the following;
A face
Papers (newspaper, printed paper, rice paper…etc.)
Letters, numbers
Blue for the colour of the European Union, Union Jack...
Ribbon, twine, string or lace…
Textures – take inspiration from history from ancient civilisations to the fall of the Berlin Wall
Something both vintage and modern

How much fun is this - Love the colour Blue - My Fav. and having to incorporate as much of the above pushed me to try some things I haven't. My Sister had just been to Italy and this was ideal



I started with a flat canvas, and added some embellishments from my craft stash, found a
roman statuette that had broken off an old clock (for the face) and chippies: Roman numbers, 
shapes and compass etc.



I also embossed cardboard with my Spellbenders Brick wall folder and cut it into strips, and resin 
embellishments for texture.
I used lace ribbon, cotton, flowers and some metal embellishments. 



I glued most of the embellishments down and painted them with Gesso - 13@rts.
I painted the project with about 3 layers. 



I used 13@rts modeling paste to create long drips down the board.
I then used Lindy's Magicals to add colour

I did layers over layers of the two colours until I was happy with the intensity of the colours 
and blending of the layers.
I used Dimension glaze on the Roman numbers, butterfly and "drips" to add attractive detail.


I added some small clear pearls to add more texture.


I used a dry bush with ColourArte Primary elements - Stargazer to highlight some areas and intensify colour. I also used Ranger Patina - Victorian Gold to high light the chain and raised points of the embellishments. I used both on the edges of the flowers to add depth and colour contrast. 


I used Tim Holt's Distress Ink - Gathered twigs to high light the raised texture of the bricks and 
some of the chippies.

Finally I added the beautiful photo of my sister and niece standing in front of the Colosseum




Here are the products I used:  (click on the products listed for more info)



*  13@rts Modeling paste
*  13@rts White Gesso
*  Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals: Bachelor Button Blue & Mission Bells Brown
*  ColourArte Primary elements - Stargazer
*  Ranger Patina - Victorian Gold
*  Tim Holt's Distress Ink - Gathered twigs
*  Dimension glaze

I  hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed creating this project. 

Hoping you feel inspired, click on the ITAC 2017 above to join. 

Wishing you happy Scrappin'

Loves 
Candace 













4 comments:

  1. wow wow wow amazing project. Thanks for playing at Mmp Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning project! Thank you for joining us at MMP challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is so cool! Thank you for joining us at MMP challenge!

    ReplyDelete