Saturday, December 7, 2019

Inspiration - all around us

Hello Happy crafters.

I hope you are settling in well with Winter now set in.

I know it has been a while since I have posted, and apologies for that. But the time has passed by
so quickly and honestly ... I lost my creative mojo 😱. I just felt I wasnt good enough, my creative
work is is no comparison to many out there.


Thank you though to the so many wonderful crafters/creative individuals out there, who are always so inspiring. I felt really uninspired and no care of crafting.... How bad is that. Im sure there
are many of us out there that do get this stage. Perhaps just busy work/home life, trying to keep
up with things that need to be done, and if you dont do it, it doesnt get done.

However after surfing the web and watching some awesome tutorials on blogs and Youtube,
I felt inspired to try some mixed media experimenting.



Thank you to #Maremismallart - Marta, You got how I felt. I felt so much better after watching your video. I decided I create for me. I create for my benefit, I create as it is my hobby and what I love to do.

Please see the link below to the Youtube video that is very interesting and got me inspired after
trying my own Medium challenge.

I started out by cutting foam core into small squares, probably about 11cm x 11cm.

I then used Pebeo High density Modeling paste and different stencils to create the various backgrounds with different mediums.


Here are some closeups




On these boards, I used black gesso first and then added the stenciling with paste


Here is a board where I used two stencils. Bricks first and then metal plate after.




While the paste was drying, I grabbed all my different mediums I wanted to try.

Here are some pictures of the different mediums I tried and the boards.

I used metallic acryllic paints here - dont forget your spray bottle filled with water.
This will water down the paint and and allow it to flow.


On the board below I used Airondack alcohol inks and Alcohol Blend solution to 
allow the inks to mix and flow over the board.
#airondack



On the board below I used Distress paint. Settling little blobs on the board and using my water spray to mix and blend the paints. Start off with a little first, and the lightest colour first. 
#timholts 




Here I used the Nuvo Expanding mouse as my next medium, it is water soluble and is a great paste to use on stencils, whats even more amazing is what happens when you heat it 😁
I used Mauve and Red. 



Below I used Lindy's Sprays. I chose autum colours here. Did My mix and dried with the heat gun.



I also used the following mediums on the other boards: 
Gelatos on one and Mixed media ink spray by Imagination crafts. 

For the finishing touches, I printed some coloured butterflies on board paper and then on tracing paper (vellum) and fussy cut them out, as well as some sayings. I glued them down.



Here are the finished boards below: 


Here are a few close ups:










I hope you enjoyed this post and feel the creative inspiration. If you feel that you just dont
have that craft mojo, pull out some stash and just experiment. I do it often in my journal. 

Please enjoy the video below and have some fun.



Loves 
Candace 



No comments:

Post a Comment