Saturday, December 7, 2019

Love what you have...

Hello happy crafters

I hope you are keeping warm this weekend, it has been a cold one in the UK.

Today I am sharing a layout page I created. I wanted to try some light pastel colours,
which is not normally my thing. I like the strong colours, normally green and brown, but
it is to be expected with just having boys 😁



I created this layout with a specific photo in mind. One of my Sister-in-law. How
beautiful is she? My brother, sister-in-law and gorgeous nephew live in SA, so I
love the photos I get. The wording I used I thought was just so perfect.

What more could you need?

I started with distressing a patterned paper and using brown and black ink to chalk
the edges.


I used Pebeo modeling paste and stencil to create abit of texture.
I then sprinkled some Lindy's Magicals on the page and added water with the
spray bottle to allow it to run. I added more water where necessary to lighten
the colours. I did not want to add to much as I wanted the pigments of the magicals
not to mix too much. #lindysmagicals  Bachelor button blue, Mission bells brown,
Urban amethyst. Keeping the pigment from not mixing too much, gives the different
colours from one Magicals pot.



I added a few white splatters before carrying on. I used White Gesso and dried the gesso
quickly so not to absorb the colours underneath.

I then printed out some flowers and fussy cut them out.


I heat embossed some die cuts and MDF's - I used Lindy's embossing powders and
Crafters companium embossing powders. I am missing parts of the labels so I cannot
confirm the colours - due to being used often and covered in some type of medium 😬
#crafterscompanion  #embossingpowder #lindysgang


The "whitish speckled" embossed die is due to me using white and silver embossing powder
together and then putting it in a separate pot as it was mixed, it laso had a little pink and blue
too, as I added the mix to this pot as well. It actually looks amazing.



When the page was dry, I placed the die cuts and mat for the photo on the page so I have an idea of the type of layout I wanted. I wanted to lighten the background colours abit more. As I said
I am trying the pastel colour theme 👆.


I watered down some white gesso and lightly painted over the background. Dried with a
heat gun.



You can still see the pigments that have not mixed yet - its amazing.

I used gesso on my finger to rub over the paste, to highlite it more.

I glued down my embellishments (die cuts, mdf's, fussy cut flowers and the mat for the
photo. I used carton to lift some of the embellishments and the photo mat.
I added some glass glitter to the page with gel medium.

I then lightly stamped around the page using 49market stamp.


I printed the photo and distressed the edges and chalked the edges with Brown and Black ink.





And here is the finished work of art:


Here are a few close ups






I am participating in Lindy's December challenge and I have shared this layout for
the competition. Please click on the link below to view the wonderful creations and the
competition details. Please join in. It is always very interesting and fun to
challenge yourself. 


Loves Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment