Saturday, May 30, 2020

AUTHENTIC YOU

Hello happy Scrappers

I hope you are all well and keeping safe and crafting up a storm.


Today I am sharing a layout I created which was inspired by the Morethanwords May Challenge 
– click on the linked image below and it will take you to the challenge. Check out the work by the DT’s – inspiring.

 https://morethanwordschallenge.blogspot.com/2020/05/may-2020-main-challenge-funny-stripes.

I was inspired by the word Funny and Stripes. My son had to participate in a mini challenge with his company for team building during the lock down – pretty cool online lockdown challenge.
They all had to create a little video doing something funny with a Sports theme and they could dress up, paint up etc. My son is always up for a challenge and is such a funny kid, always has a positive outlook on life and it is contagious.



I used the following products:

49 Market crackle texture stamp set
49 Market texture stamp set
Memento tuxedo black ink
Papermania embossing powder – Seafoam white
Ranger Inkssentials Emboss it ink pad
Fabscraps sticker transfers : All Boy
Mutton cloth
Resin embellishments – homemade with silicone molds
Paperartsy Infusions

Process:

I layered striped paper onto card stock and matted the photos onto cardstock the same colour as the stripes. I stamped the background with #49market Gabi’s crackle texture stamp set using the crackle stamp with blank ink. I then used the Brick stamp from the #49market Gabi’s crackle texture stamp set with embossing stamp pad and used Sea foam white embossing powder – heat emboss.


I created some tags, using stamps and inking the edges. I used the die cuts from the FABSCRAPS High tea journal tag collection and I used some resins that I made previously to embellish the layout.  I used word transfers that I matted onto patterned paper.


I did try different placing of the tags and photos until I was happy with the layout.



I adhered the photos to the layout using carton to lift them off the page. I then glued down the tags and embellishments. I used pieces of carton on Some of the tags to lift them too. I added strips of mutton cloth coloured with Infusions dye ink powders (with a little water)

Here are a few more close ups of the Layout




Thank you for popping in

I hope you will take part and have some fun creating.

Take care

Loves
Candace

7 comments:

  1. Great design! It's great to see people having fun during lockdown. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layered style. Thank you for joining us in the More Than Words challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful layout !! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW. Have a beautiful day. xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great masculine page! Love, love, love all those layers! Your son is such a good sport! Thank you for joining us at More Than Words this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow very nice I love this layout, thanks for playing with us at MTW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! It looks like he enjoyed his dressup day! Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words ~ Elle xx

    ReplyDelete