Friday, May 15, 2020

Making Music too


Hello Happy Crafters

I hope you are all well and staying safe.

Today I am sharing a project I created for the second time as I was inspired by
the #MIXEDMEDIAPLACE April 2020 Moodboard challenge. I love the colours
and inspiration.
  


You can find the template on my previous post: Making Music @ home             

These are some of the products I used: 


For this project I used cardstock and the glue gun to stick it together.
I did not want the violin too thick so I cut strips of cardstock measuring
1cm for the side panels.


For the background I painted the violin with green acrylic paint and once
completely dry, I used the crackling method with glue mix – which you can
find here on my blog: Cracking Tutorial

I used white Gesso as the top coat.


Once this was dry, I added some stenciling with #Pebeo modelling paste and
#prima stencil. Once dry (using heat gun 😊 I added #Lindy’s starburst spray –
A bit o bubbly and embossing with #signaturecollection embossing powder from
#crafterscompanion.  


I placed my embellishments where I wanted them so I am happy with the layout.
The flowers are handmade – I used foamarin to make the different styles.



I made some clay embellishments with silicone molds and coloured these with
#13@rts #colorglow. I added some embossing to a few of the clay molds.



Here I added some more #13artscolorglow to the background for more colour.
I added #nuvo #vintagedrops  - pioneer green for more texture and some black
splatter with #pebeo black Gesso.



Finally I inked the edge of the violin with tuxedo black #memento ink and
Lightly touched over some of the embellishments. I also added some dark
Shadow around some of the clay embellishments with watered down black gesso.

Here are a few close-ups:





Please check out the MMP Moodboard challenge, I found it very inspiring and lovely
colours especially being in spring in the UK. Click on image to be taken to the challenge.

 Mixed Media Place - April 20 Moodboard

Thank you for popping in and I hope you will be inspired.

Have fun

Loves
Candace

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Thank you for participating at MMP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely alteration! Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Place.

    ReplyDelete