Monday, September 27, 2021

You are Stronger than You think

 Hello Crafty Gladiators 

I hope you are all well and finding inspiration in your day.

Today I am sharing a double journal page with you using Dye ink sprays and 

aqua crayons



I adhered printed images as a background with strips of fine netting. I then prepped the 
pages with Gesso and used foam paste through the "Radar" and "Script" stencil.

Once the foam paste was dry, I coated the pages and stencilling with Mod Podge to seal 
them which allows the crayons and inks to flow more easily - let it dry properly.



Using green crayon I rubbed a little colour around the edges of the pages and smeared it 
towards the centre with my fingers. You can add a little water to make it easier to spread. 

I then used Brown dye ink spray at the top of the pages to colour and run down the pages. 
You can use a wet wipe to lift some of the colour or remove drips from the centre focal 
point.

I added more white Gesso with my fingers to the central focal point of the pages to lighten 
it more.


I inked the edges of the pages to create a framed look using Memento black ink pad
and dauber. While inking the edges of the page, I brushed some black ink over some 
parts of the stencilled paste for a grunge effect. I splattered black ink on the pages.

I cut out the printed phrase and the butterfly and inked the edges and then adhered them 
onto the page.

Using a black aqua pencil, I created a shadow around the words.





Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the post.

Don't hesitate to comment or ask any questions.

Keep crafting

Loves

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment