Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Up for the Challenge ?

UP FOR THE CHALLENGE ?

I have entered a competition that has just blown me away - with the talent of the DT's

I found the April 2016 Challenge on .....

http://morethanwordschallenge.blogspot.co.za/2016/04/april-2016-main-challenge-escape-mood.html
http://morethanwordschallenge.blogspot.co.za/2016/04/april-2016-main-challenge-escape-mood.html

Here is my entry below based on the requirements:


The word Escape I put on my page - The photo says it all. My son sitting on the rocks on the beach in Cape Town (our first time there) Staring out at the ocean Yonder, he looked so peaceful, with his mind drifting into the depths of the sea. Escaping today's teenage pressures: Technology, Peers, school, conformity etc.
The Mood board was very inspiring and the Blue, Purple and Yellow grabbed my attention - and it went so well with the photo. I also used black from the defining colour of the tree trunk and white leaves.
I used black accents and stamps - the script stamp was used to represent his thoughts wondering.
I used white accents and white ink through stencil, from the white leaves - so pure.
I added my own little tree (growth, knowledge) as well as little flowers which I just loved in the Mood Board.
I had so much fun with this.

Thank you for stopping by and I wish you a happy scrappy day further

Candace

8 comments:

  1. You have totally rocked our challenge Candace. Brilliant photo & you have scrapped it perfectly. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are Awesome. Thank you for the Challenges and thank you to the Design Team that are awe inspiring.

      Delete
  2. The tree you created is amazing! Beautiful photo Candance, thank you for playing with us @ More than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC layout Candace! Thank you for joining us Over @ More Than Words....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty photo and layout! Love the stencil details on your background too! Thank you for joining along with More than Words !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page!!! I love the photo and all the different elements you used to bring it out! Beautifully done!! On my short list! All the best from More Than Words! :)

    ReplyDelete