Saturday, April 21, 2018

Friday Night Fun #4 - Shimmer and Shine

Hello Happy Scrappers

Thank you for joining me today, hope you are having a warm sunny weekend.

Spring is eventually here in the UK...



Friday night was fun night (last night) and I decided to try the Cosmic Shimmer 
Gilding flakes  and ....... Ooh la la.







I bought the Cosmic Shimmer Gilding flakes and the Flake and glitter Glue about 3 months ago and
I hadnt had a chance to try it yet.

This is definitely a product you need in your craft stash 😸

Here are my steps and a tutorial I have added for ideas on the Cosmic Shimmer 
Gilding flakes and what you can do with it.

I started with a cardboard cut to size to fit in my journal and painted it with
Black Gesso, or you can just use black cardstock.


I found the stencil I wanted to use for the background and got my Cosmic shimmer 
Flake and Glitter glue and Gilding flakes ready.



I put a blob of the Cosmic Shimmer glue onto my craft sheet and used a Mini ink blending 
foam to pick up the glue and put through the stencil.

Once done I removed the scotch tape holding down the stencil and removed it from the board.

Below is a picture of what it looks like. 

Remember the glue must be clear, if it is still white or have a bluish tint, leave it until
it is clear. You can get your work space ready and pull out your Cosmic Shimmer 



I then sprinkle Gilding flakes over the board and use a Texture sponge to spread it
and rub it in (Yes, I used my kitchen scourer - rough side- works like a bomb)



Once it is all rubbed in this is what it looks like below, clean, clear and beautiful.
It picks up the details amazingly


I then used this as the background to my creation below:
My Aunt and Uncle have been married for 43 years - how amazing is that !!




I added a Dreamcatcher Die cut, Flower ring Die, Tag die (cut on my little cuttlebug), some flowers (Big roses and small roses)

I inked the roses with Brown ink, Orange ink and Green ink.

I added some gold with Patina Victorian Gold with a dauber and Stickles Glitter glue.

I added some pearls and some ribbon.

and Tadaaa


The photo does not do it justice - the shimmer and shine of the Gilding Flakes.

Dont forget to check out the tutorial below of the uses of the Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes.



Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a happy Scrappin' weekend

Loves
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment