Friday, October 16, 2020

Your wings already exist

 Hello Happy Crafters 

Yes I am back so soon. As mentioned in my previous post, I really enjoyed the 

Moodboard challenge by #nomadicsouldiaries and #mixedmediaplace that I

created another project - Journal page. 



I was inspired by the awesome colours on the Moodboard and the elements - leaves, feathers,
water droplets.
Below is the tutorial process and the embellishments and media I used. Further you will find the
links to the Moodboard challenges.

Here we go......... Fly with me.....

Process: 

I used clothes tags that I collected and glued them to the journal pages. 
I then used a stencil to create texture on wither side.
I painted then painted the stencilling and tags with #pebeogesso - White Gesso


I coloured my pages with #infusions dye powder from #paperartsy and once this was dry, 
I used white acrylic paint to highlight the inside of the tags and the raised parts of the
stencil



While my pages were drying I raised my die cuts, chipboards and home made resins to 
add as embellishments to my pages, once I found the embellishments I wanted - 
mainly leaves, feathers and frames, I painted them with white gesso to get them ready for
colour.


I then lay out my printed ephemera and embellishments to get an idea of the layout
I wanted to achieve 


I coloured my embellishments with Blue #mixedmediadyspray from #imaginationcrafts


And I then embossed them with #nuvo #embossing powder 


I made glue dots that I coloured and added Small Mixed media stones to the Pages
with #pebeogel and polished the glue dots with #farbrikadecoru white gold powder


I added a little more colour by contrast with #Alchemywax and Metallic Bleu shabby paint

The borders of the tags were enhanced using a watercolour pencil - brown and water brush
to give the shadowed sepia effect. 


The Pictures I used were printed in Sepia and inked. The edges of the journal page were
also inked first with #ranger distress ink - Vintage photo and then black ink #memento

Everything was adhered into place and I added some cotton in between. And 
stamped these lovely quotes. i do love butterflies and added one to the creation (I always
add at least one as I love butterflies)


And Ta Da !



Here are some close ups 








I have entered this creation into the following Moodboard challenges: 

Mixed Media Place - How inspiring are these colours and the elements on this Moodboard
Please click on the image to link to the challenge and the amazing projects, or MMP Boardboard
 


NomadicSoulDiaries - This challenged my creativity as I don't usually use birds in my Projects
or creations so I was really interested to see what I could come up with, and the colours are
amazing - The elements to use - Leaves and the Quote - Well I really enjoyed this challenge.
This challenge is on Instagram: @nomadicsouldiaries  #NSDoct20

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you feel inspired. 

Take care and stay safe and happy creating

Loves 
Candace







2 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful, your clusters are stunning. Thank you so much for sharing your art with us over on the Mixed Media Place Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project, I like your work! Thank you for participating in the MMP challenge

    ReplyDelete