Saturday, July 29, 2017

Just LIFE

Hello Happy Scrappers 

Thank you for joining me again here on my Blog. If this is the first time you are 
stopping by, hope you enjoy what you see and take some inspiration with you.

Today's Post is about LIFE. 





It is quite surprising when you sit back and realize Just how time flies. 
How quick LIFE has gone by..... how quick the children have gone from 
Toddlers to Teens 😔

My Single page layout is Just about LIFE. My photos i am going to add are of my two 
teenage boys. And I am going to print them in black and white and mount them onto 
the black cardstock. 



Here are a few more photos, and a list of what embellishments I used and the 
techniques. I altered my embellishments quite a bit. 

I used the Fabscraps Shabby chic paper as the background - love the wood features.


I painted most of the page with White Gesso.
I then used Lindy's Stamp gang sprays and Magicals (Yellow rose of texas, Bells of Ireland green, Luminous lemon, Canna lily Burnt orange, Cest la vie cerise 
I then used the a water drop stamp and the compass stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black
I used a stencil with Gears and Cogs and used Distress Ink - Barn door
I then found some scraps of paper in the same colour range of Orange and Turquoise.
I tore these into strips and chalked the edges with Black ink. and layered them.
I took a few Pieces from the Tim Holtz Thrift shop Ephemera pack and added it in 
between the layers.
I then used the above stamps again over the layers of paper. 
I die cut some Gears on my Cuttlebug in Black cardstock (220gsm and thicker)
I stuck the black die cuts in between the layers of paper and on top in some places.
Once i was happy with the lay out, i stuck everything down. either using double sided tape
or my Fav Glue - Aleene's Tacky Glue
I then used some white Acrylic paint with a thin paintbrush and created some splatter.
I cut out the photo mats and used Foam tape to adhere them to the page.
I have now created a whole new background and ready for the photos but wait.........

Now the fun begins.

I then raided my metal embellishment stash and stuck down a whole lot of them 😉
The metal embellishments were silver, bronze and gold. It didnt matter to me as i was going to change them
Once I had glued them down, using the tacky glue as previously mentioned (works really well), I then
Its a pity the photos don't show this properly though.
I then added some Metal clock piece embellishments as the last step.




I painted all of the embellishments with Black Gesso.

Once dried, I used Ranger Patina Victorian Gold, and stamped this over the embellishments. But I

did not cover them completely, just to highlight the embellishments.

I then dry brushed the embellishments with Blue acrylic paint and dabbed a few with orange acrylic paint.









I was enjoying making this layout so much so, I forgot to take photos in between the 
steps 😲




I have entered this layout into the following competitions: 

Please click on the images to get the full details of the competition and check out the awe
inspiring work by the DT's and hopefully you will also feel inspired to enter. 

 Mixed Media Monthly Challenge

 Lindy's Gang July Colour Challenge

Thank you for stopping by 

Wishing you all the best and happy scrappin'

Loves 
Candace 




4 comments:

  1. lovely creaton thanks for playing at Lindy's challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Thank you so much for joining us at Lindy's Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous layout! I like how you arranged all the bits and pieces into a wonderful whole. Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Monthly! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Candace, make sure you check out our latest post on the Mixed Media Monthly blog. ;-) Just sayin' ...

    ReplyDelete