Sunday, July 9, 2017

Shimmer Whimsical

Hello Happy Scrappers

As promised a few posts ago (shocking how time flies) here is my Shimmer
Journal page I created.


I stuck down some chippies and letters and lace bits and painted it with
white Gesso. I painted two base coats of Gesso to make sure it was covered
properly.

I received a 1oz bottle of Vivid Ultra-metallics Multi surface acrylic paint - African Jade,
in the Mixed media CarftBox. it is more of a tint then an actual acrylic paint. I mixed some
with Blue acrylic paint, Yellow acrylic paint and Green acrylic paint. Pastel colours. It gave
such a beautiful shimmer to the paint.

I also tried mixed some Dala Metal craft paint with little dollops of Acrylic paint and it also gave an amazing shimmer and does not really affect the actual colour.

Unfortunately the photo does not do it justice.

I used the Green paint on the edges and used the Blue paint in the centre and blended with yellow.

I used White Gesso afterwards to give it a vintage look.

Here is a close up.




I then painted two chippie swirls and a circle in white and placed it in the centre.
This is for a photo of our home.

I was inspired by #MAREMISSMALLART - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5emavRXLyEVkLyU-PCGc3Q

Very inspiring and such wonderful tutorials - this is my Heroin

 I hope you also go and experiment and push your creative limits.

Have lots of fun.

Happy Scrappin'

Loves
Candace


No comments:

Post a Comment