Monday, July 31, 2017

She is ..... MOM

Hello Happy Crafters

Welcome back and thank you for popping in.

I have had a few posts this week, as I had a few projects I wanted to share and
found awesome competitions to enter and boy oh boy.... when I started creating
I just couldn't stop 😁




This is a mixed media creation in my Journal.

I was dying to try my Black Gesso and this gave me the perfect opportunity. Inspired by the
challenges - please see the images below of who is hosting the competitions and click on it
to find your inspiration.

This was created with my Mom in mind. Miss her stacks as she is still in SA.
I was inspired by the Mixed media Place Challenge and incorporated elements for the other
challenges that challenged my abilities and colour mixing.



I started with a blank journal page (I previously attempted a technique on this page and wiped it
off, and i used it because I knew it would be covered) This is why I love my Crafti Journal so
much, its my book of attempts.



But lets carry on .... I found some chippies and die cuts in my stash and glued them down
with Ranger Multi Medium - Matte.
I used 13@rts - Acrylic modeling paste with two stencils I bought in SA #CELEBR8PRODUCTS.


Once the paste and glue was dry, I painted the entire page with Black Gesso.
I painted it twice with Black Gesso to ensure everything was covered - Remember to make sure the first coat is dry before applying the second coat. You can use your Heat gun to speed up the process.



Now we are ready for the colour fun. I painted the centre-ish of the page with White Gesso, to ensure
my colours come out bright.

I then sprayed with Lindy's Luminous Lemon Flat Fabio spray, I also used Lindy's Magical Yellow Rose of Texas to add some shimmer and different tones of Yellow. I then used Distress Dabber - Broken China, I also used a little of Lindy's Magicals - Bachelor Button Blue, to add shimmer and
different tones of Blue.


I rubbed on a little Primary Elements Arte pigments - Blue, this gives quite bright shimmer - Lovely to accentuate background texture. I also rubbed on a bit of Bronze touch n go to add some more effect.



Now for my Chippies, die cuts and Embellishments....


I painted the Chippies and embellishments with either White Gesso or Black Gesso.

For the Window Die cut I used Distress Dabber - Broken China , and I used Lindy's Magical Bachelor Button Blue to add highlights. I then covered the whole die cut with Plaid Dimension glaze. When it was dry I added a photo of my Mum.


For my leaves, I painted them with Distress Dabber - Broken China , and I used Lindy's Magical Bachelor Button Blue to add highlights and I added more to the one set of leaves to make it darker.



I then added Microbeads to the little leaves and add the Lindy's Magical Bachelor Button Blue to add more depth.


For the Feather die cuts...
I used  Yellow Acrylic paint and added Lindy's Magical Yellow Rose of Texas with a paintbrush with a drop of water to gives texture, impressions to the feather.
I used Distress Dabber - Broken China on the other feather and used the Lindy's Magical Bachelor Button Blue  and brushed this over with a drop of water to add more depth to the blue feather.


I used the same technique for the yellow heart chippies.

For the Gear and the Key , I painted it with Distress Dabber - Broken China and covered them with Dimension glaze. I didn't cover it completely, so when it dried it had quite a bit of texture. I then dabbed the die cuts with black ink, to fill the holes and then wiped the die cuts so the black ink only remained in the "holes".



I then used Ranger Patina Victorian Gold and dabbed it randomly on the die cuts to give a metal vintage feel.


I then used Lindy's Magical Bachelor Button Blue mixed with water (remember these powders are intense with colour, so you only need to add a touch to water , the more you add the more intense the colour) While the Resins (These were made using the mould and glue gun - click on the word) were still slightly wet, I dipped a dry brush in the Lindy's Magical Bachelor Button Blue and brushed over lightly to highlight some sections.


My favourite embellishment to alter was the Die cut Dragon fly.
I painted it with Distress Dabber - Broken China and I painted the centre with White Gesso. I then added Lindy's Magical Yellow Rose of Texas (mixed with a dab of water and painted over the dry Gesso) I then added lines on the wings with Plaid Dimension glaze. Once this was dry, I added Sequence - About three Yellow pieces over the top section of the body and Blue sequence on the tail. I then mixed Lindy's Magical Yellow Rose of Texas with the Plaid Dimension glaze and dabbed it over the sequence from top to bottom.



I then placed all my embellishments in the order I wanted and and used Ranger Multi Medium - Matte to glue them down. I found with all the dyes and paints used, this medium adheres the embellishments very well and does not allow the chemicals from the dyes and paints to interfere with the adhesion.


I added another photo of my Mum and some more Microbeads I added some extra medium blue beads randomly and lettered beads "MOM" . I brushed "MOM" with some Lindy's Magical Bachelor Button Blue to give it a more Shabby chic effect.

To finish off I added some yellow twine that I dry brushed with Black Gesso. I added Small paper roses - I wet them with water and then dipped moist paint brush into Lindy's Magical Bachelor Button Blue and brushed of the edges of the roses for the blue ones. I did the same with the Yellow one, using Flat Magicals - Luminous Lemon.



I have entered My Creation in the following Challenges - Please click on the images to visit the Challenges and check out the awe inspiring creations by the DT's.

 Lindy's Gang Colour Challenge

 Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #38 - July

 Mixed Media Place July Challenge

Thank you so much for popping in and I wish you a Creative week ahead.

** Don't forget to click on the products to find where you can get them (hyperlinked)

Happy Scrappin'

Loves
Candace


3 comments:

  1. lovely creaton thanks for playing at Lindy's and MMP challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. a book of attempts.. i love that!!! love the pops of colour on the dark background and your excitement in creating... thanks for joining the mixed media monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your participation at MMP

    ReplyDelete