Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Extra in the Ordinary

Hello Happy Scrappers

So glad you have popped in again.

It has been a really busy week but I hope you are all well and feeling inspired.

I created the layout below as a challenge with using yellow. I havent tried it before
and I worry it is too bright. But My Greatness,  I had so much fun and my family love it.




I was inspired by Lindy's Gang  May monthly colour challenge. Please click on the Image below
to see the inspiration and take part in the fun.

I wanted use the photos of my Family in SA. This is my brother, sister-in-law and our adorable
nephew - Miss them stacks and stacks.

They were wearing blue and I decided to mix it in with yellow.

I started with stamping images for the background - using  Docrafts creativity essentials Steampunk 
stamp set, I used Memento - Tuxedo Black, Distress ink - Vintage photo and Ink up - Metallic blue.


I made sure the ink was dry and used Magicals - Yellow rose of Texas with a little water and inked it
through the Plaid "Square revival" stencil.

I made sure all the inks were dry (using my heat gun) and then I painted the whole page with
Clear Gesso. I then made sure this was dry using my heat gun.

I then stencilled white Gesso through the Kaisercraft Lace Doily Stencil, I dried it with my heat gun to keep it white. The longer you leave white Gesso wet over inks from pads or Sprays, it absorbs the
colours 😊

I added Lindy's Starburst sprays to add colour - Blue Hawaiin Blue and Whale Watch Blue. I added
some Magicals - Mission bells brown and spritzed with water.


I made some Foamiran flowers and coloured them with the Starburst sprays -  Blue Hawaiin Blue and Magicals - Yellow rose of Texas and Luminous Lemon. I inked the edges with Memento black ink on the blue flowers and Distress ink - Vintage photo on the yellow flowers.


I die cut some embellishments and coloured them using the same Starbust sprays, Magicals and Ink
up - Metallic blue.


I stamped sentiments from the Sara Signature Flutterby Fly Away Stamp  and printed my own

"Find the EXTRA in the Ordinary"

I finished the layout by adding the matted photos and then layering the embillishments and flowers.


To finish off  I added some glass beads with Gel medium.

Here are some close ups.......




I love the Shimmer the Metallic blue stamp ink creates.

Dont forget to visit Lindy's Gang Monthly challenge


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are inspired to try out the challenge or create your own
Extraordinary.

Wishing you a crafty weekend ahead

Loves
Candace

Affiliated links - see the products and where to get them!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout! Thank you for playing with us at Lindy's Gang!

    ReplyDelete