Saturday, June 9, 2018

Say cheese ... Little Cousins

Hello Happy Scrappers

Hope you are having an awesome Weekend and crafting to your hearts content.

The weather in the UK has been lovely this weekend.

I am sharing my layout I created using photos of our little niece and nephew in SA.
How adorable are these little cousins.




I was inspired by the Moodboard by MIXED MEDIA PLACE :

 Mixed Media Place - May Challenge

Such delicate pink and blue colours and so inspiring with a bicycle for a boy and Pink
roller skates for a girl. When I saw this mood board and the photos I received I had to 
create a layout. 

So here we go....

I stamped some images on patterned paper using Tsukineko Memento Dye Ink Pad - Tuxedo 
and the folllowing Texture stamps (click on the text for images)





I then painted the page with Clear Gesso and used the heat gun to dry. 

I stencilled different types of paste alternatively through the stencil - I used Prima Marketing Finnabair Texture - Platinum Crackle and DecoArt Media Texture Sand Paste





I used the heat gun to dry the back of the page where the paste is and then left it to dry it naturally while I get the other embellishments ready. 


roses and the lace doilies. I used Hobbycraft Ink pad - Metallic Pink and Metallic Blue to ink 
up the  Chipboard Words and die cut embellishments. 

When the Texture pastes were dry, I added Lindy's Starburst Sprays -  Salt Water TaffyWhale Watch Blue and My Mojito Green, making sure I dry between each layer of spray.



I then layered all the embellishments and matted the photos with carton box pieces to 
lift them slightly. I glued everything into place. 

Here is a close up to see the texture of the paste and the shimmery flowers


Little angels sitting with their Granny 


Thank you for stopping by. 

I hope you enjoyed the post and feel inspired by the mood board. Click on the Mood board 
image to join the challenge and see the inspiration by the MMP DT's. 

Wishing you a Happy Scrappin' time. 

Loves 

Candace 



No comments:

Post a Comment