Saturday, June 30, 2018

Sea Shells by the Sea Shore

Welcome back happy Scrappers

Hope you had a wonderful week full of inspiration and creativity

Today I am sharing my Layout I created when we travelled to the Sea

I love the sea, I love watching the waves roll over the sand and the sound is so
calming.

But back to the layout....

As mentioned in my last post, I created the Sea Tags and used them in my layout.


First I stamped the background with some stamps: Clocks, Script, Postcard and Steampunk 
Hotair balloon.


I then painted Clear Gesso over the whole page.


I then used Lindy's Starburst spray: Whale watch blue and I added splatters 
of Ranger Distress Paint and rubbed some with my finger in some places.


I coloured the printed Seashells and Seahorses with Lindy's Magicals: Mission Bells Brown, 
Bells of ireland Green, Yellow Rose of Texas and Lindy's Starbust Spray: Whale watch Blue


Embellishments: I used Dry moss (white), Doilies, Die cut swirls, Sea Tags (see previous post), Flowers - Large Roses  and Small Roses and Lace and I then prepared the layout to 
see where Iw as going to place everything. 

I then distressed the edges of the photos and inked with Distress ink - Vintage photo. I matted the 
photos onto brown cardstock and distressed the edges as well and inked the edges with
Distress ink - Vintage photo

I coloured the floweres with Lindy's Starbust sprays: Cosmopolitan Pink, dried the flower and 
used My Mojito Green with a thin paint brush to wipe the edges of the flowers - 
Beautiful shimmer.

Once I adhered all the elements in place I used Rangers Liquid pearls to add accents to the 
seashells, seahorses and Starfish.



I followed the same steps for 2nd layout below



Here are some closeups:






I think the colours turned out awesome. 

I entered Layout 1 in the More than words Monthly challenge. 
Clickon the image below for full details and for inspiration. 

 MTW Main June Challenge


Thank you for stopping by and visiting. 
Please feel free to leave comments or if you have any questions. 

Wishing you a wonderful weekend and lots of creating. 

Loves 
Candace 


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is wonderful! So much effort went into this! Well done! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous layout: Thank you for playing with us at More Than Words! Hugs, Asia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout....full of amazing details. Thanks for playing along at MTWC

    ReplyDelete