Sunday, January 31, 2021

NEW YEAR - NEW BEGINNINGS

 Hello Happy Crafters

Hope you are all well and safe and enjoyed the little snow we got this last week. 
Today I am sharing my journal page I created and inspired by the More Than words
monthly challenge. 


I created a vintage background for the past but added the Butterfly that represents the change
and becoming something beautiful and new.

Please click on the morethanwordschallenge image below for the challenge and the inspiration
from the design team.

Process: 

I started with painting the pages with Gesso and then adding Washi tape and then added
#Stamperia Crackle Paste.




Once the crackle paste was dry I stencilled additional background with modelling paste. I 
added colour with #Lindysstarburstsprays




Once I was done and happy with the colours and the pages were dry I added the #stamperia 
#antiquing paste all over the pages and then wiped off the excess.






I diecut tags and decorated with different washi tape. I stamped and diecut the Butterfly.
I used the same  Lindy's sprays to splatter colour onto the Butterfly and tags.



I used the washi tape to make the butterfly antennae and used black cotton to 
decorate with the tags


Here are a few closeups








Thank you for joining me and sharing in my creation 


 Thank you to Morethanwords for this great challenge and the inspiration.

Please click on the image below for more information: 


Thank you for popping by and I hope you enjoyed it.

Loves
Candace

2 comments:

  1. This is beuatiful! I love the symbolism of the butterfly. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous art journal spread you created for our challenge! I love the pretty, muted colors you used and all of your amazing details. Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words this month!

    ReplyDelete