Monday, June 27, 2016

Mixed Media with Acrylic Paints

Hi all

Hope you are keeping warm in this Wintery South Africa.

This weekend I decided to try some mixed media with
Acrylic paints.

I saw a video on one of the Craft Youtube channels, where they use
a Geli plate with acrylic paints, as soon as I can find it again I
will definitely load a link - credit must go to this crafter:

SO I used an acetate sheet instead ( I dont have a Geliplate yet)
I blobbed some different colour acrylic paints on the sheet and then
placed it on my white cardstock. Gave it abit of a swishy swirl so the
area I wanted to work on was all covered.

I then dried the paint with the heat gun, stamped and stencilled with gesso
and black ink. When dry I then splattered abit of watered down acrylic paints,
did the same with Gesso. I painted my frame and stuck down some ribbon,
frayed gauze, flowers and chippies (coloured in gold)

I then painted foam letters and placed them in the frame "ART"

I then decided to add little beads (pastel colours)

I inked the flowers with some gold and touches of Gesso.

This is a real Mixture of mixes that just came out Awesome

Real ART from being Real Creative :)






Hope you enjoyed

Happy Scrappin'

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment